Upgrade your porcelain throne with ease by replacing the toilet seat. Follow these simple and effective tips to achieve a comfortable and stylish upgrade in no time. Sit pretty with a new toilet seat in no time!
Protecting yourself from germs and bacteria is essential when removing a toilet seat.
Begin by thoroughly cleaning the seat and the rim around it. Once clean, follow these steps to remove the seat.
Locate the two bolts that secure the seat to the bowl, which are often covered by plastic caps. Remove the caps and find the plastic nuts on the underside of the bowl.
Unscrew these nuts by hand if they are plastic, or use an adjustable wrench or socket wrench if they are metal.
To ensure a proper fit, it is crucial to measure your toilet bowl before purchasing a new toilet seat. There are three common shapes to consider: elongated, compact elongated, and round. Follow these steps to determine the correct size:
- Measure the distance between the two bolts located at the rear of the seat. Typically, this measurement is around 5-1/2 inches, but it can vary.
- Measure the width of the seat at its widest point.
- Measure the length from the center point between the bolts to the outermost lip of the bowl. Standard round bowls have a length of 16-1/2 inches, while elongated bowls are approximately 18 inches. Compact elongated seats fall between these two lengths.
By obtaining these measurements, you can confidently select a toilet seat that fits your bowl perfectly.
Alternatively, if you prefer not to measure, you can bring the old seat with you to the home improvement store as a reference for finding a matching replacement. However, remember to clean the old seat thoroughly before taking it along.
With these guidelines, you can ensure a proper and comfortable fit for your new toilet seat.
While toilet seat design may not be groundbreaking, there have been notable advancements in recent years. When selecting a new toilet seat, keep an eye out for the following features.
Look for hinges that allow the seat to close gently, eliminating the loud banging noise.
Seats with molded-in-place bumpers prevent damage to the toilet, add stability, and reduce noise when closing the lid.
Toilet seats now come in a wide range of colors.
Some manufacturers, like Bemis, offer color selector tools to help you navigate the available options.
Choose a seat that is easy to remove for cleaning. Look for products that can be taken off with a screwdriver or consider quick-release seats that allow for tool-free removal.
For families with children, consider seats with built-in removable potty seats.
Some models also feature side arms with slip-resistant grips for senior citizens.
When it comes to maximizing comfort in your bathroom, a heated toilet seat can make a significant difference, especially during the chilly winter months. If you dislike the idea of sitting on a cold seat, consider the following benefits of upgrading to a heated model:
- Warmth and Comfort: A heated toilet seat provides a gentle and consistent warmth that enhances your overall comfort while using the bathroom. Say goodbye to the shock of sitting on a cold seat, and experience a cozy sensation that can make your daily routine more enjoyable.
- Adjustable Temperature Settings: Most heated toilet seats come with adjustable temperature settings, allowing you to customize the level of warmth to your preference. Whether you prefer a mild warmth or a higher heat level, you can find the perfect setting that suits your needs.
- Energy-Efficient: Heated toilet seats are designed to be energy-efficient, using minimal power to maintain the desired temperature. They are equipped with energy-saving features such as timers or sensors that automatically adjust the temperature when not in use, ensuring efficient energy consumption.
- Easy Installation: Installing a heated toilet seat is a straightforward process that can be done by most homeowners. They are typically designed to fit standard toilet bowls and come with clear instructions for installation. If you’re comfortable with basic DIY projects, you can easily upgrade your toilet seat yourself.
- Additional Features: Some heated toilet seats offer extra features for added convenience and luxury. These may include built-in bidet functions, adjustable water temperature and pressure, nightlights, and even air deodorizers. Explore the various options available to find a heated seat that suits your preferences and needs.
By upgrading to a heated toilet seat, you can enhance your bathroom experience and enjoy the soothing warmth it provides, making your daily visits to the restroom more pleasant and comfortable. Say goodbye to the discomfort of cold toilet seats and embrace a new level of relaxation and luxury.
*The information is for reference only.